Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Outdated Canned Chicken Broth Canned



So Jeff, the guy my younger boss hired despite him not having the required licences , didn't work out as an employee. He was just the nicest person, almost TOO nice for this place, but he had a very annoying habit of not showing up for work without letting anyone know that he wasn't going to be in, or leaving suddenly in the middle of the day, also without telling anyone. Seriously - who does that, especially when they just started a new job? I don't know, maybe that's just me, but when I get a new job, I don't take any leave whatsoever for at least the first three months - and he worked maybe 24 hours in the three weeks he was here.

On his last day, Jeff was working at the back of the factory - getting the machinery off the trucks, filling some canisters with cleaning products to take to site, tidying up, that kind of thing. I went out there to have a ciggie at my lunch break, we talked and everything seemed just great. But then, suddenly - he was nowhere to be found. The truck ignition was on, all the canisters were open and in the middle of the yard, bobcats, excavators, plastic buckets all over the place - so naturally everyone presumed he'd just gone to the toilet, or something. Heh. When he still couldn't be found two hours later, and his mobile would go straight to the message bank, the boss finally said - enough.

Jeff sent my younger boss a text message later on, in which he explained that he's had an anxiety attack, and went home. Just like that - dropped everything, and went home. Didn't even stop by the office to say: "I'm not feeling well, I'm going home." Nothing. Just left, and only rang the boss to explain that evening. I don't know much about anxiety attacks, to be perfectly honest. I think I have them too sometimes, although I'm not certain that they're anxiety attacks... Just this really, really powerful feeling of fear every now and then, although if someone asked me WHAT is it that I'm scared of, I wouldn't be able to name it. Whatever. I just go outside, have a ciggie, clear my mind, tell myself I'm just being silly feeling like this, and by the time I finish the smoke, if it doesn't vanish, then at least it subsides enough for me to roll again. But Jeff's might have been so severe that he HAD to leave... Fine. I'm sure no one would've held it against him, had it been the first time it happened, had he rang or got someone to ring right away and explain what happened, and at the very least, turned the truck engines off!

So younger boss asked Mary to put an ad in the paper again - handyman needed for a southside building company. The first applicant rang around 8:00 am. Younger boss took the call, and instructed Mary and I - since we're the ones answering the fucking phones now - to put all the job applicants through to him.

Mary: You know what's gonna happen? He'll take the first three calls, then ask us to just take details and e-mail them to him.
Me: And then he'll ask the first person that rings for an interview, and give that person the job.
Mary: Yep.

Okay, so we were a tad off. It took TWO phone calls for the younger boss to ring down and ask us to take the applicants' details and e-mail them to him from now on.

Around lunch time, a fella named David showed up for an interview. Mary took him upstairs to boss'es office.

Me: Mary, what's The bet he'll get the job?
Mary: Not betting. He'll get the job.

He got the job. Despite the fact That there was another guy already waiting at the reception for an interview. At least younger boss Decency had enough to see the guy and talk to him anyway.

I'm not saying my boss has made a bad choice. I do not know that. I'm simply saying he's lazy.
___________________

Well Jeff, which my younger boss hired even though he did not have the required permits to operate machinery , has not checked as an employee. The guy he was a delectable, all too, but unfortunately had a very annoying habit niepojawiania at work without a word of warning, or disappear during the day, also without a word. Who even does that? Especially in the new job? I do not know, maybe I'm some strange, but as I begin a new job, a minimum of three months does not take a free - and he has worked with the 24 hours may be within three weeks.

in her - as it turned out - the last day of work, Jeff ordered the plant and garden: rozładowywał trucks of the machines (we have such a great Kenworth'a daddy), shed some oil and fuel to the canister, sweeping, arranging tools and stuff. During my lunch, because I always go there to eat, a sort of talking about this and that, and everything was cool. And then, suddenly - gone. Trucks with the keys in stacyjkach, running, hum hum hum, canisters were open in the middle of the courtyard, excavators porozstawiane throughout the factory - so, naturally, everyone thought that just jumped to the restroom for a moment whether to buy something to eat or something. But when after two hours continuously, or external or słychu widu, and the cells they do not answer, the head finally said - enough.

Jeff later sent an SMS to the head and explained that he had a panic attack and went home. Just like that, he threw what he had in his hands, walked to the car and drove off. To even put his head into the office on the second and shouted: "I feel bad, I'm going home!" - Nothing. He disappeared without a word of explanation, and only in the evening sent the boss a message. I do not know too much about panic attacks, so truth be told. I have them too now and then from time to time, although I do not know if this is ... Such attacks anxiety for no apparent reason, rather. In any event, if I go outside, lit a cigarette, I give myself a mental reprimand ("You wariatko stupid, and what cudujesz? Psycho. Tworek to send you!") And wuala - if not disappear entirely, at least to be less afraid I do not know . Perhaps Jeff had some stronger the attack, and had to escape to home ... Okay. Certainly no one would not have him for the bad if it happened the first time, and had even called me or asked his wife whether there who called and gave the order to know what is happening, and what the hell powyłączał those engines!

Thus, Mary's younger boss ordered to give notice to the newspaper - a construction company based in the south of Brisbane will employ the worker, and so on. The first call has already eager to 8:00 am. The younger boss agreed to talk to him, and instructed Mary and me - as now we perceive the whoring phones - to all callers on the job or switch to it.

Mary: know what will happen? He will receive the first three, then ordered the rest of us to write down and send him an e-mail.
Me: I invite first to discuss the interview, and employ it in stock.
Mary: Uhm.

Well not quite. Already by the second phone had enough of the head, and told us since then write down the caller and send him an e-mail.

early afternoon, a guy named David came into the conversation. Mary took him to the office of the chief.

Me: Mary, where bet that David will get a job?
Mary: Do not assume up. Because I get it.

David got a job. Although the next candidate has sat and waited for his turn at the front desk. Though young enough to have a bar that I still talk to him.

I'm not saying that the boss made a wrong choice. I do not know. I am saying is that he is lazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment