Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mount And Blade The Wedding Dance Update



Got a riddle for you. It's a good one, too.

What sort of a person rings one of their employees while they're ON HOLIDAYS, and asks that employee to fire another employee who's on SICK LEAVE?

Told you it's a good one!

The answer is: my boss.

Mary was on holidays in South Australia last Thursday, Friday and Monday. My young boss rang her on Friday, and made her ring Kiersten the receptionist and fire her - Kiersten was on sick leave for two weeks, as she had to have her tonsils removed.

This situation perfectly illustrates what sort of people I'm currently working for.
"If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare it
You'll do anything for money..." (MJ)

Mary didn't feel okay doing the young boss'es dirty work, so in desperation she rang the old boss to let him know what was happening, hoping he'd put a stop to this. The old boss'es response was: "Just do what (young boss) says."
Young boss had no guts to call Kiersten and tell her himself. Or better yet - wait until she came back from sick leave, sit her down in his office and explain the situation face to face. Gutless and cowardly, but it's nothing new or surprising, really. That's the way things are handled here.

His reasons for letting Kiersten go were that there was not enough work. Oh really? Mary's and my workload just doubled. When Mary pointed this out, and expressed concern that we might not be able to keep up with everything, it was suggested (not to her face of course, you'd need a set of genitals for that, young boss told Dora) she "suck it up, or if she doesn't like it, she can just retire."

That was my last week. I'm swamped with paperwork. I have to help answer the phone now. I can't get anything finished because of that damn phone ringing all the time. And so I did the only reasonable thing under the circumstances - I stopped worrying about it. Whatever. I'm not rushing anymore. No matter how much I hurry, something will be left not done, so what's the point? I'm deliberately moving like I'm underwater. I don't stress anymore. I don't care. I'm also looking for another job. (I'm being choosy what I apply for, however.)

My younger boss apparently told Dora that her job is safe, "Mary's job is safe, Joanna's job is safe, Lisa's job is safe." He can stick his job where the sun don't shine, as far as I'm concerned. I do not believe a word stinking That comes out of his mouth. And I'm Determined to be out of here long before he can do to me what he did is Kiersten.
___________________

I have a riddle for you. So cool.

Who calls the employee on leave, and tells the worker protection to relieve another employee, who at that time is on sick leave?

told that cool, no?

Answer: my boss.

Mary was on holiday in South Australia on Thursday, Friday and Monday. Young boss called to tell her and told her to connect with Kiersten (receptionist) and release it - Kiersten was then on sick leave after surgery to remove tonsils.

whole situation very accurately reflects the people who currently work for.
"If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare
it'll do anything for money ... " (MJ)

Mary was understandably reluctant to implementation of such an order, so in desperation she called the older boss, tell him what to do and hopefully that will put an end to this whole situation. Sorely disappointed. Senior boss told her to do what the young leads.
Young did not dare to call yourself Kiersten. Or even better - wait until her return, invite her to his office and explain everything face to face. Coward.

for a reason to get rid of Kiersten gave not enough jobs for receptionists. Really? This is how come Mary and my responsibilities is doubled? When Mary admonished of this fact, the young head of the suggested (not Mary, of course, because it must be naturally, Dora said) that "like her do not like it he can always retire."

This week I had. I'm hard at papers. I need help to answer the phone. Nothing I can not finish, because the grandfather is calling incessantly. So I did the only sensible thing in this situation, and I stopped to care. Completely. I take my time anymore. Is a hurry or not, and so something is done, so I'm moving like a fly in pitch. Zero stress. Let to do what he wants, I do not care. I'm looking for another job, but must admit - I dress a little bit.

Young reportedly told Dora that she is safe, "Mary is safe, Joanna is a safe, Lisa is safe." From my perspective, this work can afford to put where the sun do not shine. I do not believe a word of it. I do not care about being here now. I am determined to get out of here before he has a chance to treat me like Kiersten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment