Friday, February 25, 2011

Barska Spotter Sv Review





21 Sept 1996, Saturday - diary excerpt

"That They Should change saying about Napoli. To see Michael and die ...
If I died today, I would have died happy. I saw Him. My dream came true.

I saw Him, and He's beautiful. He's the most magical person I've ever encountered in my - admittedly short - life. And He's real. He really exists, even though He seems too perfect to be just another human being, like the rest of us.

I was so excited! He came out to see us fans that were waiting for Him in front of the hotel, and it was so weird, Him being there... Not on tv, in the flesh - the real Michael. THE Michael. It was the strangest feeling, indescribable.

It was the first time ever I met Him, and on one hand, He was a mighty stranger. He was not as tall as I imagined He'd be, but not as thin, either. His face seemed smaller, though. His eyes were darker, and bigger, much bigger - but equally sad. He was a million times more striking than I'd ever expect. It was like seeing Him for the first time - REALLY seeing Him. Like I suddenly got given a new set of eyes, better eyes, ones capable of seeing more detail, more clarity.

And at the same time - He was so familiar... I was actually taken aback when He came up to us, and looked at me, and then looked away without any sort of recognition. It took me a few seconds to get over it. I almost expected Him to say: "Heeey Jo, how are you?" I was shocked, literally shocked, when He didn't. "Oh my god, He doesn't know me!" Because to me, He is family. In all his strangeness, in many ways, He's all I know. He's MY Michael. (...)"



I was 14 years old when this happened. :')

0 comments:

Post a Comment